Things I love about being back in North Carolina:
- THE PEOPLE! Duh, friends and family. They’re the reason I came back.
- THE SUN! It’s so bright and shiny and warm. And I no longer have to fear an adult-onset case of rickets.
- THE DOLLAR! I can get so much for my money.
- THE FOOD! Of the barbecued variety, specifically. Also, ungodly-large portions.
- THE ACCENT! Southern accents are the aural equivalent of peaches.
- THE CLOTHES! Sun dresses and shorts and sandals and other no-fuss apparel. Color is also nice, for a change.